Lake County Health and Community Services Committee votes on Veteran's Assistance Commission appropriation
Lake County Health and Community Services Committee met at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 31.
The Lake County Health & Human Community Services Committee is responsible for community and economic development, housing and tourism, and budget and ordinance reviews for health-related issues.
Here is the agenda as provided by Lake County:
Agenda Report - Final
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Assembly Room, 10th Floor
Health and Community Services Committee
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes
4. Addenda to the Agenda
5. Public Comment
6. Chairman's Remarks
7. Old Business
8. New Business
Joint resolution accepting the Health Care Foundation of Northern Lake County, Illinois, Department of Human Services, and Friends for Health grants and authorizing an emergency appropriation in the amount of $154,300 for fiscal year (FY) 2017.
• The Health Care Foundation of Northern Lake County awarded an additional $5,000 for the Round Lake Area Student Health and Wellness Center; and these funds will be used for an external consultant to provide input on operations for the period November 21, 2016, through November 20, 2017.
• The Illinois Department of Human Services awarded an additional $90,000 for the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program; and these funds will be used to add personnel and supplies to the WIC program for the period July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017.
• Friends for Health awarded $59,300 for the North Shore Health Center; and these funds will be used for a part-time breastfeeding counselor, to support women’s health/family planning services, and to fund a pregnancy program center for the period December 1, 2016, through November 30, 2017.
Attachments: Emergency Appropriation for FY17 January 2017 VETERAN'S ASSISTANCE COMMISSION
Joint resolution accepting the Healthcare Foundation of Northern Lake County, a one-time grant to provide dental services to veterans of Lake County and authorizing an emergency appropriation in the amount of $25,000.
• The Healthcare Foundation of Northern Lake County awarded a grant of $25,000 for a dental program.
• The grant period begins upon execution of the agreement through November 25, 2017.
• Dental assistance is already provided by the Veteran’s Assistance Commission; however, the additional grant revenue will allow approximately ten additional veterans to benefit from this service.
January Health and Community Services 31, 2017 Committee
Agenda Report - Final
Attachments: Dental Grant 9. Executive Session
10. County Administrator's Report
Health Department Staff Presentation on Tobacco 21.
• As announced at the January 10 committee meeting, Health Department staff will give a presentation on Tobacco 21.
Attachments: Tobacco 21 Presentation 11. Members' Remarks
Organizations in this Story
18 N County St
Waukegan, IL 60085-4304