Lake Forest Zoning Board considers variance requests to build elevator, motor court
At a recent meeting, the Lake Forest Zoning Board of Appeals considered variance requests to build a motor court and an elevator.
The board hears all requests for variations in zoning, various special-use permits and appeals from administrative decisions or interpretations of the Zoning Code.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the board.
The board meets at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month at City Hall, 220 E. Deerpath.
The City of Lake Forest
Zoning Board of Appeals Agenda
Regular Meeting Monday, July 25, 2016
City Hall – 220 E. Deerpath
Louis Pickus Chairman
Lloyd Culbertson Mark Pasquesi Richard Plonsker
Nancy Novit Michael Sieman Kevin Lewis
The Zoning Board of Appeals meetings are broadcast live on Cable TV
1. Introduction of Board members and staff, overview of meeting procedures
– Chairman Pickus.
2. Recognition of former Board member Jay Kennedy.
3. Consideration of approval of the minutes from the June 27, 2016 meeting.
4. Continued consideration of a request for a variance from the side yard
setback to allow construction of additions located at 611 E. Illinois Road.
Owners: Zachary Jacobs and Stephanie Caparelli
Representative: Michael Hrusovsky, designer
5. Consideration of a request for a variance from the front yard setback to
allow construction of a replacement single family residence located at 104
Owner and Representative: David Lidstrom
6. Consideration of a request for a variance from the side, rear and steep
slope setbacks to allow construction of an elevator located at 1167 N.
Owners: Robert and Susan Wood
Representative: Monica Artmann-Ruggles, architect
7. Consideration of a request for a variance from the front yard setback to
allow construction of an addition and motor court located at 1220 Elm
Owners: John and Kathryn Collins
Representative: Jeff Harting, architect
8. Opportunity for the public to address the Zoning Board of Appeals on
matters not on the agenda.
9. Additional information from staff.
Zoning Board of Appeals’ meetings follow
the procedures outlined below. In the
spirit of fairness to all parties, any of
these procedures may be modified for a
particular item at the discretion of the
1. Introduction of the Item by the
2. Declaration of Conflicts of Interest
and Ex Parte Contacts
3. Swearing in of Parties Intending to
4. Presentation by the Petitioner – not
to exceed 10 minutes for variances,
20 minutes for Special Use Permits.
5. Identification of Issues by Staff - not
to exceed 5 minutes.
6. Questions and requests for
clarification from Board to Petitioner
7. Public Testimony - not to exceed 5
minutes per speaker.
8. Opportunity for cross examination.
Requires submittal of request to
cross examine prior to meeting.
9. Final Questions from Board to
Petitioner or Staff, or direction to
Petitioner and Staff to provide
10. Petitioner Rebuttal - not to exceed
11. Staff Response to Public Testimony
- not to exceed 5 min.
12. Board Discussion and Comment
13. Board Action
Mandatory Adjournment Time
Individuals with disabilities who require certain accommodations in order to allow them to observe and/or participate in this meeting, or who have questions
regarding the accessibility of the meeting or the facilities, are required to contact the Community Development Department at (847)810-3503 promptly to
allow the City to make reasonable accommodations for those persons.
Organizations in this Story
220 E Deerpath Rd
Lake Forest, IL - 60045