Lake County committee accepts donation
The Lake County Health and Community Services Committee met Oct. 4 to accept the Jordan Michael Filler Foundation donation.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the commitee:
The Lake County Health & Human Community Services Committee is responsible for community and economic development, housing and tourism, and budget and ordinance reviews for health-related issues.
Lake County Illinois
Lake County Courthouse and Administrative Complex 18 N. County Street Waukegan, IL 60085-4351
Agenda Report - Final
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Assembly Room, 10th Floor
Health and Community Services Committee
October Health and Community Services 4, 2016 Committee
Agenda Report - Final
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes
Minutes from August 2, 2016.
Attachments: HCS 8.2.16 Minutes Final 4. Added to Agenda
5. Public Comment
6. Old Business
7. New Business
Joint resolution accepting the Jordan Michael Filler Foundation donation and authorizing an emergency appropriation in the amount of $45,000 for fiscal year (FY) 2016.
• The Jordan Michael Filler Foundation donated $45,000 for the Substance Abuse Program to purchase Adapt Naloxone kits.
Attachments: Emergency Appropriation for FY16 August 2016 7.2 16-0925
Joint resolution accepting the Friends for Health award and the Jordan Michael Filler Foundation donation and authorizing an emergency appropriation in the amount of $10,000 for fiscal year (FY) 2016.
• Friends for Health awarded $9,000 to support specialty care services for North Shore Health Center patients.
• The Jordan Michael Filler Foundation donated $1,000 for the Substance Abuse Program to purchase Adapt Naloxone kits.
Attachments: EA for FY16 September 2016 WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
Joint resolution accepting the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Local Incentive grant, Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) grant modification and WIA Rapid Response grant modification and authorizing an emergency appropriation in the amount of $325,104.22.
• The WIA Local Incentive grant of $15,085 is a result of Lake County Workforce Development meeting or exceeding performance measures for the program year ending June 30, 2015.
• Grant funds may be used for any activities and services allowable under the WIA.
• The TAA grant modification of $140,756.22 is for tuition costs for TAA eligible dislocated workers training costs and overhead costs related to payment processing.
• The WIA Rapid Response grant modification of $169,263 is for tuition for eligible dislocated workers enrolled in short-term occupational training and incumbent worker training programs for Lake County employers to retain current employees and upgrade their skills on new equipment.
Attachments: LCWD Grant Modifications 10.04.16 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Presentation by the Lake County Coalition for the Homeless regarding an overview of the organization’s purpose and activities.
Attachments: LCCH Presentation Memo 8. Executive Session
9. County Administrator's Report
Presentation and discussion regarding the fiscal year (FY) 2017 Legislative Program Proposals.