Lake Forest zoning board considers variance request
The city of Lake Forest Zoning Board of Appeals met Oct. 24 to consider a variance request.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the board:
The board hears all requests for variations in zoning, various special use permits and appeals from administrative decisions or interpretations of the Zoning Code.
The board meets at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month at City Hall, 220 E. Deerpath.
The City of Lake Forest
Zoning Board of Appeals Agenda
Regular Meeting Monday, October 24, 2016
City Hall – 220 E. Deerpath
Louis Pickus - Chairman
Lloyd Culbertson, Mark Pasquesi, Richard Plonsker, Nancy Novit, Michael Sieman and Kevin Lewis
The Zoning Board of Appeals meetings are broadcast live on Cable TV
1. Introduction of Board members and staff, overview of meeting procedures
– Chairman Pickus.
2. Consideration of approval of the minutes from the August 22, 2016 meeting.
3. Consideration of a request for a variance from the front yard setback to allow modifications to the driveway at 1155 Fairview Avenue.
Owners: John and Jenna Zilka
4. Opportunity for the public to address the Zoning Board of Appeals on matters not on the agenda.
5. Additional information from staff.
Zoning Board of Appeals’ meetings follow the procedures outlined below. In the spirit of fairness to all parties, any of these procedures may be modified for a particular item at the discretion of the
1. Introduction of the Item by the Chairman
2. Declaration of Conflicts of Interest and Ex Parte Contacts
3. Swearing in of Parties Intending to Testify
4. Presentation by the Petitioner – not to exceed 10 minutes for variances, 20 minutes for Special Use Permits.
5. Identification of Issues by Staff - not to exceed 5 minutes.
6. Questions and requests for clarification from Board to Petitioner or Staff.
7. Public Testimony - not to exceed 5 minutes per speaker.
8. Opportunity for cross examination. Requires submittal of request to cross examine prior to meeting.
9. Final Questions from Board to Petitioner or Staff, or direction to Petitioner and Staff to provide additional information.
10. Petitioner Rebuttal - not to exceed 10 minutes.
11. Staff Response to Public Testimony - not to exceed 5 min.
12. Board Discussion and Comment
13. Board Action
Mandatory Adjournment Time