Grayslake Committee of the Whole recommends rezoning of Peterson Road parcel
Grayslake Committee of the Whole met Tuesday, Dec. 6.
Here are the minutes as provided by Grayslake:
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE December 6, 2016 Immediately Following the Village Board Meeting
Roll Call: Taylor, Bassett, Vogel, Jarvis, Waldenstrom, Davies, Shores
PUBLIC COMMENT – AGENDA ITEMS: None.
1. APPROVAL: MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF OCTOBER 4, 2016 Trustee Vogel made a motion, seconded by Trustee Davies, to approve the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of October 4, 2016. On voice vote - all “aye”. Motion carried.
2. DISCUSSION: PETERSON ROAD REZONING
Mayor Taylor stated the Village has received a request for rezoning a 21 acre parcel on the north side of Peterson Road near Midlothian Road from General Business (GB) to Limited Industry (LI). The property is owned by the Lake County Fair Association. The rezoning is being requested pursuant to the Okabe Company wanting to relocate to the property. Okabe is an international company which manufactures auto fasteners and other auto parts.
Mayor Taylor noted the following about the proposed Okabe facility:
The following districts would receive the following estimated annual property tax revenues based on today’s rates:
Fremont Elementary District: $152,121
Mundelein High School District: $119,956
Grayslake Park District: $40,865
Grayslake Fire District: $23,766
Will initially employ: 50-60
An estimated 25-35 deliveries will be made daily to and from the site
Mayor Taylor noted the Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals unanimously recommended the rezoning. In addition, he stated the zoning would be consistent with the Village’s plans for the Peterson Road area. Trustee Bassett stated he is glad to see the Cornerstone Pattern Book is being used to guide development of the property. Trustee Vogel stated he agrees with Mayor Taylor’s comments. He noted the new employees will have a multiplier effect in the Grayslake economy due to the day trade. Mayor Taylor asked about signage plans. Zoning Officer Smith stated Okabe is considering a building sign only. He stated they are aware if they install a ground sign to have it not conflict with the Fairgrounds sign.
Trustee Bassett made a motion to recommend the rezoning request. Trustee Waldenstrom 2nd. All “ayes”. Motion carried.
3. DISCUSSION: HILLSIDE PARKING LOT FEE OPTION ORDINANCE Mayor Taylor stated the Village has received requests from users of the Hillside Avenue parking lot to offer a monthly prepaid hangtag option in addition to the existing daily fee program. He noted the Village offers a monthly program at the two Metra lots. He stated he supports the request. Trustee Vogel stated that while he supports the request, he would like staff to provide an expense to revenue analysis at the budget workshop. Trustee Bassett stated he, too, supports the request, particularly since a monthly program is being offered at the Metra lots. Trustee Shores made a motion to recommend implementation of a monthly prepaid program at the Hillside Avenue parking lot.
Trustee Waldenstrom 2nd. All “ayes”. Motion carried.
4. DISCUSSION: DRAFT ORDINANCE – FINES MODIFICATION – POSSESSION OF CANNABIS Mayor Taylor stated that a newly adopted state law changed the fines for possession of cannabis. Chief Perlini is recommending the Village change its fines to become consistent with State Statute.
After brief discussion, Trustee Bassett made a motion to recommend the Village change its fines for possession of cannabis to reflect State Statute. Trustee Vogel 2nd. All “ayes”. Motion carried.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION: LAND ACQUISITION (5 ILCS 120/2(C)(5)) AND LITIGATION (5 ILCS 120/2(C)(11)) Pursuant to State Statute 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5)) and 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11)), Trustee Bassett made a motion, seconded by Trustee Davies to adjourn into Executive Session and to have the Village Manager, Assistant Village Manager, and Village Clerk present for the meeting. Roll call: Trustees Bassett, Vogel, Jarvis, Waldenstrom, Davies, Shores – all “aye”. Motion carried.
The meeting was adjourned into Executive Session at 8:20 p.m.
Trustee Waldenstrom made a motion, seconded by Trustee Jarvis, to reconvene into open session. Roll call: Trustees Bassett, Vogel, Jarvis, Waldenstrom, Davies, Shores – all “aye”. Motion carried.
The meeting was reconvened into open session at 8:52 p.m.
6. OTHER BUSINESS: None.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Trustee Jarvis made a motion, seconded by Trustee Waldenstrom, to adjourn. On voice vote – all “aye”. Motion carried.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:53 p.m
Organizations in this Story
10 S. Seymour Ave. Grayslake Illinois 60030
Grayslake, IL - 60030