Village of Cary Village Board met October 3.
Village of Cary Village Board met October 3.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
I.Call to Order
This meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Mayor Kownick,
II. Roll Call
Present: Mayor Kownick and Trustees Betz, Covelli, Weinhammer, Kraus, McAlpine and Cosler
Others present included Village Administrator Jake Rife, Public Works Director Erik Morimoto, Community Development Director Brian Simmons, Police Chief Pat Finlon, Village Attorney Adam Simon and members of the audience per the sign-in sheet.
III. Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor Kownick led in the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance and requested a moment of silence for to remember the victims, their families and first responders involved with the recent tragic event in Las Vegas.
IV. Open Forum
Resident Randall Kohler, 352 Claire Lane, stated he received a notice informing him the volume of brush he put out for the Village's Curbside Pickup Program was too large. Mr. Kohler stated he does not believe there should be a size limit on the volume of brush that residents can put out during the twice a year program. Mr. Kohler stated he feels the program is inefficient and does not think the fee for oversized brush piles is appropriate,
Mayor Kownick reminded Mr. Kohler that the weekly program provided by Advanced Disposal picks up unlimited quantities of bundled brush.
Mayor Kownick closed Open Forum at 6:18 p.m.
V. Mayor's Report
1. Mayor Kownick read a proclamation recognizing National Red Ribbon Week "Your Future is the Key to Staying Drug Free," October 23-31, 2017
2. Mayor Kownick read a proclamation recognizing World Polio Day, October 24, 2017
VI. Consent Agenda
1. Consider for Approval the Warrant Dated 10/03/2017
2. Consider for Approval an Ordinance Granting a Conditional Use for a Detached Garage for the Property Located at 130 N First Street
3. Consider for Approval an Ordinance Granting a Conditional Use and Ground Floor Area and Setback Variation for a Detached Garage for the Property Located at 460 W. James Way
4. Consider for Approval an Ordinance Granting a Conditional Use for a Bank with Drive Through to Golden Eagle Bank, 650 Northwest Highway
5. Consider for Approval an Ordinance Granting a Conditional Use for a Fitness Facility to TruFitness, 760 Industrial Drive, Unit B
6. Consider for Approval a Resolution Authorizing the Village Administrator to Execute a Reimbursement Agreement with AT&T for Fiber Optic Relocation Work Associated with the Metra Station Improvement in the Amount of $83,000.00, with a 15% Contingency for a Total Amount of Up To $95,450.00
7. Consider for Approvala Resolution Approving the Designated Pedestrian Routes for Snow Removal
Motion: Trustee McAlpine moved, seconded by Trustee Kraus to approve Consent Agenda Items #1ー#7.
Ayes: Betz, Cosler, Covelli, Kraus, McAlpine, Weinhammer
VII. Items for Separate Action
1. Consider for Approval Minutes of the September 19, 2017 Village Board Meeting
Motion: Trustee Kraus moved, seconded by Trustee Weinhammer to Approve the Minutes of the September 19, 2017 Village Board Meeting.
Trustee Weinhammer Stated she had twice asked for certain Statements to be reflected in the previous minutes and they were not included. Trustee Weinhammer stated she did not understand why certain items cannot be included in the minutes if requested.
Trustee Kraus stated, as previously agreed, the minutes are to be presented a certain way. Trustee Kraus stated he felt the minutes Succinctly detailed what happened at the previous meeting. Trustee Kraus stated he does not feel Trustee Weinhammer's requested edits are necessary.
Trustee Covelli stated verbatim minutes would avoid these issues in the future. Trustee Covelli feels if a Trustee wants items to be included in the minutes that this should be honored.
Trustee Kraus stated the minutes presented reflect an outline of what the meeting was about and what actions were taken. Trustee Kraus Stated that the revisions that Trustee Weinhammer requested for the Board to consider are more like a verbatim dialog and is not in favor of this type of minutes.
Trustee Weinhammer stated that she did not agree with the content of the minutes.
Ayes: Kraus, McAlpine, Betz, Kownick
Nays: Cosler, Covelli, Weinhammer
2. Consider for Approval the Minutes of the September 19, 2017 Committee of the Whole Meeting
Motion: Trustee McAlpine moved, seconded by Trustee Betz to Approve the Minutes of the October 3, 2017 Committee of the Whole Meeting.
Ayes: Covelli, Kraus, McAlpine, Betz, Weinhammer, Cosler
3. Consider for Approval an Ordinance on Restricting Overnight Parking during Winter Months
Motion: Trustee Cosler, seconded by Trustee Kraus, to Consider for Approval an Ordinance on Restricting Overnight Parking during Winter Months.
Ayes: Kraus, McAlpine, Cosler, Covelli, Weinhammer, Betz
VIII. Administrator's Report
Administrator Rife updated the Board on removal of the berm adjacent to the Fox Trails subdivision. Administrator Rife stated that significant berm removal will begin in the next few weeks.
IX. Department Head Reports
Director Simmons stated PIRHL, the developer for the proposed senior housing development on Three Oaks Road, received approval from the Illinois Housing Development Authority for the financing of the project and will hopefully be submitting for permits by the end of this year. Staff will continue to meet with the developerto discuss project Status, as well as to develop a call or waiting list so that interested Seniors have someone to contact.
Director Simmons stated that the Kids R Kids daycare passed their State inspection and will be open to the public starting October 4.
X. Future Agenda Items and Discussion by Village Board
Trustee Weinhammer stated she would like to have a discussion regarding video gaming in the Village.
Trustee Cosler asked about the status of the ethics discussion. Administrator Rife stated this will be on the next Committee of the Whole agenda.
There being no further items to discuss, a Motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 6:32 p.m.
Motion: Trustee McAlpine
Second: Trustee Kraus
The Voice Vote noted all ayes and the motion carried.