Village of Volo Village Board met November 7
Village of Volo Village Board met November 7.
Here is the agenda as provided by the board:
Roll Call: Wagner_____ Porter_____ Johnson_____
Heuser_____ Buttita_____ Northam_____
Public Comment – Agenda Items
1. Approval of Minutes: Regular Meeting of October 17, 2017
Approval of Minutes: Special Meeting of October 28, 2017
2. Approval: Accounts Payable – November 7, 2017
3. Ordinance No. O‐17‐25: Amending Various Provisions of the Village of Volo Zoning Ordinance
Regarding Alternative Energy Systems
The Village Board will consider approving Ordinance No. O‐17‐25, amending the Zoning Ordinance to
permit wind, solar, and geothermal energy systems as accessory uses and as accessory structures,
subject to certain conditions, and to establish regulations for the location, installation, operation, and
maintenance of these alternative energy systems.
4. Acceptance of Bids / Authorization to Execute: Tree Removal
The Village Board will consider accepting the bids and awarding a contract to Advanced Tree Care for
tree removal services.
5. Discussion: 2017 Tax Levy Amount
The Village Board will consider establishing the amount to be used in drafting the 2017 Tax Levy. The
suggested levy amount is $1,386,250, which continues the Village’s long‐standing practice of
voluntarily complying with the Property Tax Extension Limitation Law (PTELL) for the base levy and
includes an additional rate for Lake Michigan Water.