Village of Wauconda Village Board met May 2.
Village of Wauconda Village Board met May 2.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
5. Public Comment: Citizens wishing to address the Village Board on any topic of Village business may do so during the public comment section near the beginning of the agenda after requesting to speak by providing name, address, and contact information on the sign-inform near the entrance to the Board room. Citizens wishing to address the public body on any specific item that appears under new business on the agenda will have an opportunity to do so when that agenda item is under consideration if they have requested to address the Board on the topic by completing the sign-inform located near the entrance to the Board Roon prior to the start of the meeting. Please keep remarks concise. Individual speakers will be limited to three minutes. All audience participation must be recognized by the Mayor including questions to other Board members, staff or petitioners. When there is a controversial issue or large group present, the Mayor may limit the total amount of time allocated to those who want to speak and all who speak are asked to comply with the established time limit.
6. Approval of Agenda
(Last Ordinance No. was 2017-O-14) (Last Resolution No. was 2017-R-06)
7. Motion to Approve Consideration of Consent Agenda by Omnibus Vote
8. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the Bills for Payment from April 12, 2017 through April 25, 2017 in the Amount of $136,213.29 (Pgs. 4-34)
B. Approval of the Minutes of the April 18, 2017 Regular Village Board Meeting (Pgs. 35-39)
C. Request from the Village Attorney for a 2%. Rate Adjustment for Legal Services to the Village (Pg.40)
D. Consideration and Action on a Special Event Permit Application to Close Main Street for the Memorial Day Parade (Pgs. 41-42)
E. General Wage Increase for Non-Represented Employees of 2.5%; Wage Increase for Chief Wermes of 5%; and, Wage Increase for Deputy Chief Botterman 3.5% Effective May 1, 2017.
9. Motion to Approve Items a Through on the Consent agenda
10. Old Business
A. Acknowledgement of Lake County Canvass Board - April 4, 2017 Municipal Election Results (Pg.43)
B. Honorable Judge Henry Tonigan to Administer the Oath of Office to:
1) Mayor - Lincoln F. Knight
2) Village Clerk - Cheryl Falk-Novak
3) Village Trustees - Tim Howe, Richard G. Morino, and Adam Schlick
C. Parting Gifts for Elected Officials Coming Off the Board
12. Call to Order – New Mayor and Village Board
13. New Business
A. (Action) Consideration and Approval of Mayor Knight's Appointments for:
1) Village Administrator/Director of HR/Risk Management-Douglas K. Maxeiner
2) Director of Finance/Treasurer – Ed McKee
3) Chief of Police - David Wermes
4) Director of Public Works - Brad Fink
5) Director of Building/Planning Zoning/Economic Development/Building Commissioner - Chris Miller
6) Deputy Clerk - Sherry Davies (Village Clerk Appointment)
7) FOIA Officers - Sherry Davies, Allie Guerrero, Deb Ogorzaly, and Connie Watkins
8) Administrative Hearing Officer — Hon. Henry C. Tonigan
9) Village Engineer-William Rickert (RHMG)
10) Village Attorney/Ethics Officer - Rudy Magna
11) Fire Marshall/EMADirector-Mike Wahl
12) Deputy Fire Marshall-Mike Davalle
13) Deputy EMA Director-John McKeown
14) President (Mayor) Pro Tem - Trustee Linda Starkey
15) Deputy Liquor Commissioner-Trustee Ken Arnswald
16) Chairman of the Zoning Board of Appeals/Plan Commission - Rob Fosness
17) Vice Chairman of the ZBA/Plan Commission - Dave Jakubek
18) ZBA/Plan Commission Member (2) - Wade Meyer and Peter Graves
19) Board of Fire and Police Commissioners - Dr. John Barbini
20) Police Pension Board - TBA
21) Bangs Lake Advisory Committee - Ed Lochmayer and John Lambert
22) Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO) - Director Chuck Black, Alternate Linda Starkey
23) Central Lake County Joint Action Water Agency (CLCJAWA) - Board Member Mayor Lincoln Knight, Alternate Board Member Linda Starkey
B. (Action) Consideration and Approval of a Resolution Appointing the Village of Wauconda's Representative to Serve as Director/Alternate on the Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO) Board of Directors (Pgs. 46-47)
C. (Action) Consideration and Approval of a Resolution Appointing the Village of Wauconda's Representatives to Serve as Director/Alternate on the Central Lake County Joint Action Water Agency (CLCJAWA) Board of Directors (Pgs. 48-49)
14. Mayor's Report
15. Committee Reports & Trustee Comments
16. Executive Session
A. (5 ILCS 120, 2 C 11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
The Mayor and Board of Trustees welcome you to the "Regular Village Board Meeting". These meetings take place the first and third Tuesday of every month, During Regular Board meetings, a consent agenda is presented to the Board for a vote. All items under the consent agenda are considered to be settled and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no additional discussion of these items unless there is a request by a Board member.
The documents provided with the Board Meeting agenda are for informational purposes only, Until or unless the Village Board votes on a matter contained on the agenda, the matter is not final.