WAUKEGAN COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT 60: Recap of July 2 Special Board Meeting
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 issued the following announcement on July 3.
- The Board of Education voted to approve the retention of Neil Renzi and Associates for real estate appraisal and expert witness services required in connection with pending Property Tax Appeal Board legal proceedings at a cost of $5,500.
- The Board of Education voted to approve the Information Technology Services Department’s (ITS) purchase of Chromebooks and cases for all incoming 6th grade students. The projection is 1,250 students, which may change before school starts. The estimated cost per device is $325.00 plus $25.00 for the protection case. The estimated total amount is $437,500.00, which is budgeted for Academic Year 2019-2020.
- The Board of Education voted to approve the addition of two (2) instrumental music teaching positions in order to support middle school instrumental music programs within the district.
- The Board of Education voted to authorize Cristin Maione, teacher, to attend the Advanced Placement Summer Institute from July 8-12, 2019 in Chicago in an amount not to exceed $357.50.
- The Board of Education voted to approve for the following to attend the Harvard Negotiation Master Class, in Cambridge, MA from November 10-13, 2019: Mr. LeBaron Moten (Chief Operations Officer), Mr. Eduardo Cesario (Deputy Superintendent of Academics Supports and Programs), Kathryn VanderBroek (Deputy General Counsel) and Mr. Jason Nault (Associate Superintendent) Attendance is contingent upon acceptance into the program by Harvard Law School. Estimated c
Original source can be found here.