CITY OF HIGHWOOD: Nashwood - In Highwood
City of Highwood issued the following announcement on Aug. 12.
HIGHWOOD TRANSFORMS INTO NASHVILLE’S HONKY TONK ROW AT THIRD ANNUAL NASHWOOD MUSIC AND FOOD EVENT
Always wanted to visit Nashville, but never could? Well, Celebrate Highwood is bringing Nashville to you. The City of Highwood will transform its downtown into Nashville’s Honky Tonk Row for its 3rd Annual Nashwood. Attendees of all ages are encouraged to don their cowboy boots and hats the weekend of August 30 to September 1, as the sounds of live country, southern rock, blues, blue grass, folk, jazz, gospel permeate the town!
- 3-day weekend of over 80 free live music acts at over a dozen venues, including 2 outdoor stages & 7 courtyards, and buskers on the streets
- Family friendly line up and kids area
- Elvis-Mania for the entire family with two shows Saturday and Sunday
- Southern-inspired food & drink specials
- No cover charge, but as in true Nashville style, tips are always welcome to support the bands!
Why drive when you can walk or bike along the enhanced Green Bay Trail - Robert McLory Bike Trail which leads straight into the heart of Highwood. Ride the Metra north or south to the Highwood station, or take a Pace Bus. Free parking is available but spots are limited. There is plenty of bike parking all through Highwood!
Original source can be found here.
Source: City of Highwood