Illinois State House District 60 issued the following announcement on Nov. 8
State Representative Rita Mayfield joined Governor JB Pritzker and colleagues for a presentation regarding “Rebuild Illinois.” The program represents a funded, multi-year commitment to improve and maintain infrastructure throughout Illinois. Over its lifespan, Rebuild Illinois will invest in roads, bridges, early childhood development centers and state facilities. It will also support an estimated 540,000 jobs. This is the largest capital plan in the history of Illinois and addresses long overdue needs.
“This is the first time in nearly a decade that Illinois has had a capital plan,” said Mayfield. “This is a truly bi-partisan bill and I am proud to have worked with my colleagues to ensure its passage and help bring much needed improvements to our community.“
There will be a variety of projects in Lake County completed and implemented through Rebuild Illinois. Those projects include:
- Belvidere Road resurfacing and ADA improvements from Knight Avenue in Park City to the Amstutz Expressway in Waukegan,
- resurfacing on Grand Avenue from Green Bay Road to the Amstutz Expressway in Waukegan,
- additional lanes on Green Bay Road from Wadsworth Road to Sunset Avenue in Beach Park,
- intersection improvements at Stearns School Road at Route 41 in Gurnee
- intersection improvements at Washington Street at Green Bay Road in Waukegan
- bridge deck at Washington Street east of Route 41 in Gurnee/Park City.
Lake County Board Commissioners and other local elected officials were instrumental in providing support and information which helped to prioritize needs.
“Improving our roads is imperative for the needs of our community residents and business. This will help to improve safety, provide good union jobs and give our economy a boost,” said Mayfield. “It is an honor to work with Governor Pritzker, my colleagues in the General Assembly, the members of the Lake County Board and our municipal elected officials.”
Original source can be found here.