City of Lake Forest City Council met July 23.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
Call To Order And Roll Call 6:30 pm
1. Discussion Of Principles, Conduct, And Procedures For Meetings And Activities Of The City Council And Its Members
A draft copy of the proposed principles, conduct and procedures is attached for Council review on page 3. This draft is the one included in the City Council’s July 2 agenda packet. The document is intended to memorialize the expectations and guiding principles of City Council members, board and commission members, and city staff. They reflect past practice in the City, and how healthy, respectful governing and administrative boards operate.
Outline of process review (6:30-8:30 p.m.) Agenda Time
• Welcome, Meeting Objectives and Agenda Review Bob Kiely (5 Min.)
• Proposed Plan to Finalize Document Jim Preschlack (10 Min.)
- Discuss; build consensus on key open strategic issues by section
- Continue to send wordsmithing edits via email
- Compile new version of doc; determine if another workshop is necessary
• Strategic Issues: VI. General Rules for City Council Member Conduct (30 min.)
- Sub-section b. Exparte Contacts
- Sub-section a. Other Activities of City Representative
- Sub-section d. Commitment of City Resources
• Strategic Issues: IV. General Council Standards of Decorum and Conduct (30 min.)
- Sub-section b. New Policy / Project Initiatives
• Strategic Issues: V. Meeting Rules and Procedures
-Sub-section g. Public Participation, 3) Rules Governing the Scope and Length of Comments
- New sub-section or language for submitting formal request for new agenda item
• Other Strategic Issues (10 min.)
2. Review Of Capital Improvement Project (Cip) Scoring Sheet For Potential Revisions For Fy20 Budget.
A copy of the CIP Scoring sheet along with a sample of completed project sheets from the FY19 budget can be found beginning on page 16.
3. Opportunity For Public Comment