Lake Zurich Community Unit School District 95 recently issued the following announcement.
Lake Zurich Community Unit School District #95, announces its intention to destroy archived special education records and general education temporary records. This notice is in compliance with federal, state and local policies.
Records will be destroyed August 31, 2018 based on the following criteria:
- Students who graduated with a high school diploma 2013 or before.
- Students who become twenty-two years old between June 1, 2012 and June 1, 2013.
- Special Education Students who graduated with a Transition Diploma, Certificate of Performance or reached maximum age of 22 in 2013.
- Students who were deceased between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
- Students who have moved to another district 2013 or before.
Please note that the district will continue to maintain a permanent record of your/child’s name, address, and phone number, along with his or her grades, attendance record, classes attended, grade level completed, and year completed.
According to 4 AAC 52.760, the district shall maintain records until no longer needed to provide educational services, but not fewer than 5 years after the student graduates or moves from District 95.
Original source can be found here.