Village of Cary Village Board met May 7
Village of Cary Village Board met May 7.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
Call to Order This meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Mayor Kownick.
II. Roll Call Present: Mayor Kownick and Trustees Kraus, Covelli, Cosler, Weinhammer and McAlpine Absent: Trustee Betz
Others present included Village Administrator Rife, Police Chief Finlon, Public Works Director Morimoto, Community Development Director Simmons, Management Analyst Sage, Village Attorney Uhler and members of the audience per the sign-in sheet.
III. Pledge of Allegiance Mayor Kownick led in the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.
IV. Open Forum
There being no comments from the public, Mayor Kownick closed Open Forum at 6:01 p.m.
V. Mayor's Report
Mayor Kownick recognized Trustee Cosler for service as a Village Trustee.
Mayor Kownick swore in Trustees Dale Collier Jr., Kimberly Covelli and Ellen McAlpine.
Mayor Kownick recognized the retirement of Mark Chernak, Superintendent of the Public Works Department.
Mayor Kownick recognized Scott Naydenoff on his 15-year employment anniversary.
Mayor Kownick proclaimed May 19-25, 2019 National Public Works Week.
Mayor Kownick proclaimed May 12-18, 2019 National Police Week.
VI. Trustee Reports
VII. Consent Agenda
1. Consider for Approval the Warrant Dated May 7, 2019
2. Consider for Approval Minutes of the March 16, 2019 Special Village Board Meeting
3. Consider for Approval Minutes of the April 16, 2019 Village Board Meeting
4. Consider approval the Closure of First Street from Three Oaks Road to Route 14 and Park Avenue from First Street to Franke Street for the Memorial Day Parade on May 27, 2019 for the Memorial Day Parade on May 27th, 2019 beginning at 10:15 a.m.
5. Consider for Approval a Resolution Approving an Adopt-A-Roadway Volunteer Agreement for a portion of Three Oaks Road with J.G. Wagner Insurance Group (R19-05-01]
6. Consider for Approval a Resolution Authorizing the Village Administrator to Execute an Engineering Agreement with HR Green, McHenry, IL, for Design Engineering Services Associated with the 2020 Roadway Resurfacing Program in the Amount of $22,500.00 and Authorize the Village Administrator to Approve a Ten Percent contingency for Unforeseen Changes in Scope for a Total Project Budget of $24,750.00 (R19-05-02]
7. Consider for Approval a Resolution Authorizing the Village Administrator to Execute a Contract Amendment to the Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase 1 Improvement Construction Contract with Manusos General Contracting Inc., Fox Lake, Illinois, for a Deduction to the Contract in the Amount of $11,095.94 [R19-05-03]
8. Consider for Approval an Ordinance Granting a Conditional Use for a Solar Energy System for the Property Located at 320 Foxford Drive [019-05-01]
9. Consider for Approval an Ordinance Granting a Conditional Use for a Solar Energy System for the Property Located at 403 Wentworth Circle [019-05-02]
10. Consider for Approval an Ordinance Granting a Conditional Use for a Solar Energy System for the Property Located at 463 Margaret Terrace [019-05-03]
11. Consider for Approval a Resolution for the Fiscal Year 2019/2020 Salary Schedule for Non-Union Employees [R19-05-04]
Motion: Trustee McAlpine moved, seconded by Trustee Weinhammer, to approve Consent Agenda
Items #1 - #11.
Ayes: Collier, McAlpine, Covelli, Kraus, Weinhammer Nays:
None Abstain: None
VIII. Items for Separate Action
1. Consider for Approval an Ordinance Denying a Map Amendment and Related Petition for a Conditional Use [019-05-04]
Trustee McAlpine moved, seconded by Trustee Kraus Denying a Map Amendment and Related Petition for a Conditional Use
Ayes: Nays: Abstain:
Collier, McAlpine, Covelli, Kraus, Weinhammer None None
2. Consider for Approval an Ordinance Accepting a Warranty Deed for the Transfer of Property from Lafarge Aggregates/Meyer Material to the Village of Cary (Continued to May 21, 2019)
Administrator's Report Administrator Rife stated he and Director Simmons toured the Cary Senior Living development. Discussions regarding the community room agreement are continuing. The final agreement will be brought forward at a future Village Board meeting.
IX. Department Head Reports Chief Finlon stated May 17 is the annual Cop on a Rooftop fundraiser for Special Olympics and will be held at the Cary Dunkin Donuts. Chief Finlon stated 73.6 lbs of unused prescription medication was collected during the April 27 Drug Take Back event.
Director Morimoto stated there will be closure of the eastern platform at the Metra station as construction continues. Inbound commuters will need to use the western access point located at the northwest side of the tracks. Director Morimoto stated the Spring Clean Up, curbside brush collection and hydrant flushing programs are continuing.
Director Simmons stated there will be a Visioning Workshop regarding the Rt. 31 Corridor on May 15 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at St. John's Lutheran Church in downtown Algonquin. This workshop is being conducted in conjunction with CMAP and the Village of Algonquin. The public is invited to attend.
XI. Future Agenda Items and Discussion by Village Board None.
XII. Adjourn There being no further items to discuss, a MOTION was made to adjourn the meeting at 6:21 p.m.
MOTION: Trustee McAlpine
SECOND: Trustee Kraus
The Voice Vote noted all ayes and the motion carried.