DIAMOND LAKE SCHOOL DISTRICT 76: New Fairhaven Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Diamond Lake School District 76 issued the following announcement on July 9.
Dear Fairhaven Families,
Safety is a priority in our school and district, especially during the before and after school hours. Therefore, we are making some important improvements for the arrival and dismissal times starting with the first day of school for students, Wednesday August 15, 2018:
NEW FAIRHAVEN ARRIVAL and DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
- Arrival times are 7:25 AM-7:40 AM; Students arriving after 7:40 AM will be marked tardy.
- Dismissal times 2:10 PM-2:25 PM.
- Cars pulling into the parking lot will follow the arrows on the right side of the parking lot in a continuous loop around the parking lot (see map on back).
- Students will remain in their cars for arrival until a staff member escorts the child from the car to walk into the building. Parents do not need to get out of their cars.
- At dismissal time, a staff member will bring individual students directly to the car. Parents do not need to get out of their cars.
- Parking will be not be allowed on the right side of the lot (see map on back).
- If you need to park your car and go into the school, the driver of the car is required to follow the arrows and wait in the student arrival/dismissal line until your car can move through the drop off area and safely park on the left side of the lot.
- A police officer will be on site to direct cars into and out of the parking lot during the arrival and dismissal times.
- Cars exiting the parking lot may ONLY turn RIGHT onto Courtland; NO LEFT turns will be allowed during arrival and dismissal times.
Original source can be found here.
Source: Diamond Lake School District 76